Thursday, July 1, 2010

MIA

So sorry that I have been MIA! We have been busy and have had lots going on in our world.

My parents came into town on Friday and stayed with us until Monday morning. We enjoyed their visit and can't wait for them to come back. We grilled and hung out Friday night and my mom helped me go through garage sale stuff. On Saturday we had a garage sale and it was also our community sale as well. We did really well and made some $$! Saturday was also my mom's birthday, so we took them to dinner. We ate at a place we have never tried before and it was WONDERFUL! Mr. T and I are going back soon.

I have been doing some DIY things around the house though! I purchased this corner shelf on CL and I am in the process of redoing it. I can't decide if I want to paint it black or a blue color. Any ideas?! I am scared that everything in my house is going to either be black or distressed white. :)



While my mom was in town we went to a indoor shopping area that has different booths set up and browsed around. I found some shutters that I fell in love with, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $12 A PIECE for them. So Monday on my lunch break I ran over to the Habitat ReStore and found some for $5!!! I was way excited. I can't wait to get these painted and hung where I want them. They are going in the guest bedroom that I am over hauling. It is almost ready to show you!




I also found a baby bed for $20 and I am not sure yet what I am going to do with it. I have seen several projects floating around and I am going to have a hard time deciding which one to do.

My awesome and way crafty friend over here at The Autocrat hit 100 followers! I am so proud of her and I am always amazed at how she finds time to do some many things. I think its because King is out of town. I am trying to plan a weekend so we can go craft together. Way to go Friend, I am proud of you!


Until we meet again, happy crafting!

"The best changes often start as single, simple thoughts. Think big, and discover how to make your dreams real."
Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

1 comment:

Mrs. Rooster said...

Love the corner piece. Go blue...make a statement with your furniture. I am always scared to paint and just ran into the same issue with my bedroom redo. Try something new if you dont like it you can always go with your other color option!