Monday, June 21, 2010

Shelf Makeover

Happy Monday to all! We had a great weekend this weekend. We went to Mr. T's parents by Houston. On Saturday my MIL and I went to a couple antique stores by their house and found some treasures. You will see them in a post later this week. We also went to the Steak & Wine Festival in downtown Bryan. It was a lot of fun and we got to see some interesting people as well. It was very hot though. We had a great visit and enjoyed our time with family. We also bought back a VERY SPECIAL... well I can't tell you yet. ;)

Well I did not have much time for crafting, but I did manage to get the tray and towel rack finished! I am still working on what to put on the shelf part of the towel rack, but I think it looks fabulous hanging with the towels, waiting on special guest to come this weekend.

Before








After


I sprayed painted it with an ivory color that I had in the garage and then I used the RL Glaze and brushed it over it lightly. I has purchased the iron piece about a month ago and I finally found a good home for it. So the shelf was $4.99, spray paint and glaze I already had, and the iron deal was around $10. So the total cost for this project was $15!


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

2 comments:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Whoa!! That is super snazzy!! What a great idea to combo the two!!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

I love the new look! It doesn't even look like the same shelf anymore! Great job!